Thursday, August 19, 2010

Training camp - morning practice

The morning training session started at 9:30. Alex and I got up about 7, donned our tank tops and jerseys and decided to go to IHOP for breakfast. The city of Anderson has a decorating contest going on during the training camp. The IHOP was decorated to the hilt and it was a good place to get excited about the practice. Our Ho-tel (dump) didn't have anything Colts related so this was a nice change. On to training camp....... Colts City was present this Friday morning. I told Alex we would go in the bounce houses later. Wish I would have know they were only going to be there in the a.m. We registered for a couple of things and picked up some free posters. I registered for tickets to Sunday's pre-season game even though I knew we were heading home Saturday. Add that to being an out of towner and I should have won for sure. Which I did! I got the call during the afternoon practice. Woo Hoo! Extra day in Indy!! Alex was not as excited but that's a different story. Back to practice...... When we arrived at the field, only a couple players were there. They were being brought in by golf cart 4 at a time. The crowd by the gate cheered with the arrival of each group of players. We made our way to the opposite side of the field. I thought it better to have the sun on our backs than our faces. Boy was it hot! Even that early. I stood by the fence and started talking to a lady who had been to practice everyday. She had some very interesting stories to tell and gave us some tips for later. I had a good time laughing with her. At the end of practice, the players all left and most didn't sign any autographs. Peyton stayed and signed about 10 but nowhere near where we were standing. Something for next time, I guess.


The first players on the field.

#85 - Pierre Garcon

#44 - Dallas Clark
#87 - Reggie Wayne



To me it looks like he's starting to do the chicken dance.

Signing autographs

No comments: