Thursday, August 19, 2010

Indianapolis

Saturday, we woke up and packed up the car. It had been raining so I wasn't 100% sure training camp would be going. So, Alex picked Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Oh so yummy!!!! She had scrambled eggs, bacon and hot chocolate. Sound familiar? Next we made our way back to the university but I wasn't sure I even wanted to go. The heat from the day before had made me extra tired and although the cloud cover had lower the temps, when Alex said she didn't want to go, I said ok. I know shocking so you must know I was tired. So we drove directly to Indianapolis. I had decided to just drive around and see what we would find. We managed to find downtown and the stadium. They had one hour parking for the pro-shop. I had Alex use her new watch with timer to make sure I didn't get a ticket. We had a lot of fun at the pro-shop. And, even left before the hour was up. I also asked about stadium tours and found out they are available only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Mental note for another time. We found a Chili's and Alex wanted her baby back, baby back, baby back ribs. lol. And, then we drove around some more and I got more tired and frustrated with not knowing where I could park downtown as I wanted to walk by the capital and the canal. No such luck but we did see them. We also found the zoo and the Indianapolis Speedway. We checked into a Quality Inn shortly before 3. I took a short nap and then Alex and I went to Wal-mart where I found the camp chairs I had been looking for and some other cool Colts stuff. Yes, my house will look like the Colts pro-shop exploded!



She's very happy when I let her suck on ice. I took a nap while she watched cartoons.


No comments: