Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Saturday Fright Night

Around 3 o'clock Saturday, I received a text that asked what I was doing that night. My response "A big bunch of nothin'!" At that point in the day, I wasn't leaving the house if I hadn't by then. (Sometimes I like to be a hermit.) Alex and I were just starting to clean as Bob had just woken up. Denise and Scott had decided to come to Eau Claire for dinner at Mike's Smokehouse and Fanny Hill. So, about 6 we met them at Mike's and afterward headed to Fanny Hill. It was the first time Alex had been there to see the pumpkins and only the second time I had been there. The haunted walk has since moved to the Eau Claire Expo Center. So, off we went. Alex was pretty excited to go to the haunted house. Cody stayed in the van with Peyton and Belle while Denise, Scott, Marcus, Alex and I went in. The sign at the door said 30 minute wait. Apparently, they are not as accurate as the queue times at Disney. We waiting an hour and 20 minutes before entering the Haunted house. It was decided that Scott would go first so things could jump out at him. In retrospect, my idea to go last was not the best one I've ever had. I hadn't considered the "Things" walking behind me. Yes, I screamed...... Several times. It was freaky!!! At one point, we made a wrong turn in the pitch black. Unfortunately, Scott ran into the wall. Denise found this extremely funny but, I was too freaked out. It was a little funnier the second and third time this happened but not enough to stop my heart from racing. After we left the building, Alex started saying how she didn't really want to go and how we made her. Not my best idea to take her there. She spent the next two nights sleeping on the couch. I probably won't take her to another haunted house unless it's in Disney.
Miss Alex

Denise and Cody


Belle

Marcus, Denise, Peyton, Cody, Belle and Scott

No comments: