Sunday, October 4, 2009

Indy

As I'm in the van on the way back from Indy, some thoughts won't leave my mind. The game was amazing and it has been a long time since I laughed as hard as I did tonight while Denise is making her video of our trip. But, I can't stop thinking of how desolate and depressing the actual city of Indianapois is. To say it has been hit hard by the current economic trends would be an understatement. I couldn't even tell you how many businesses and shopping centers were closed. It's so sad. I kept waiting to see the better side of town. I'm thankful I live in Eau Claire even if it means I can't buy Colts season tickets from here. Man I would be tired driving this that often.
It's going to be a very long day tomorrow topped off with a Packers/Vikings game. I may need a nap. I'll hopefully have pictures from the game soon.

No comments: