Saturday, August 15, 2009

This is Me

Often we have the opportunity to learn things about each other. Here are some things to know about me.

I am:
Competitive
Impatient
Horrible with Confrontation
Stressed
A pleaser
Human
Insecure

I have always:
Held onto things too long (both good and bad)
Wanted to make things better for others
Been driven to succeed
Given everyone the benefit of the doubt (fool me once, I'll probably give you another shot to get me again.)

I can never:
Be everything to everyone (even though I want to)
Be anyone but myself (flaws and all)
Take back things I've said because of stress or pain

I:
Want everyone to be happy
Remember things most people never would yet forget things I need to remember
Have many, many pet peeves
Always take responsibility for my actions
Put too much pressure on myself
Make myself sick worrying about what others will think of me

So, there it is. I'm not proud of the majority of this list but, it's all me. With the bad, comes the good. And, while I hang onto things for way too long, it's also what helps me remember all the good things. Like taking my cousin shopping when he was 2. Or, eating ketchup packets in Grandpa Schultz's car while waiting for Grandma. Or, building forts in the hay on the farm. Or, doing Justin's hair and make-up. (He's lucky I don't have pictures lol) Or, every one's birthdays and anniversaries - even ones I went to school with way too long ago. Or, buying my uncle McDonald's with my very own money - I got a happy meal (it was in a plastic dinosaur container and super cool) he got one sandwich.

At least now, you know what you get with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in touch with yourself this is great. Love GOD and let him love you, the rest will come easy let GOD and let the rest go. I am afraid of you losing out on too much or hurting others if you don't. Do what GOD compells in you and don't EVER worry about what others think if it is good for you and GOD!!!!! Love ya babe, MEME

Anonymous said...

yea jen do what GOD tells you to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao

Erica said...

I'd say, Jen, that you are a faithful friend, generous and kind, and full of compassion! I may have known you the longest (aside from your mom!), so believe me! Love You, Erica