Friday, August 28, 2009

It's Gone

The Green/Blue shag carpet in the living room!!!!! What started out as a simple, take down the paneling project in the living room has become a full throttle remodel. Sorry to those who didn't get to say goodbye last weekend to our beautiful, crayon covered wall. It will have to live in our memories as the time you were allowed (and encouraged) to write on someone's walls.
When the girls and I took down the paneling during Girl's Weekend, we discovered the previous owners had allowed their kids to write on the wall before the paneling was put up. So, for the past year, we have been writing or drawing on the wall. Alex especially enjoyed this after all the times we've yelled at her for drawing on her walls. They had also dated it so we knew the paneling was put up in March 1971. Which means, the carpeting was there well before the paneling as it matched the pale green very well. Yikes. The curtains matched also but I'm hoping they found those much later.
So, it's all gone. I'm a little sad to see the wall gone and our carpet that I lovingly called the "Blue Grass of Kentucky" To which, Sprout always said "I've been to Kentucky several times and I've never seen any Blue Grass!" But, it will be nice to have a new start in there and fresh paint, on lighter walls. It was always so dark in there.
I will post pictures soon of the progress.
p.s. Amy already called the carpet as her item to burn in the firepit next time we have a fire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How good it must feel to have another room "yours!" Even just a coat of paint went from making our house "theirs" to "ours." I can only imagine your delight in carpet and wood paneling changes! I can't wait to see pictures! Do you have befores, too?