Friday, September 5, 2008

An observation

My uncle John passed away on Tuesday. He lived in Maryland. My grandma has had so many issues in trying to bring his body here. The plan was to have him cremated and then have a service and burial in Antigo. But, because he died alone, they need to do an autopsy. My uncle was an alcoholic. Has been since I can remember. I know my dad threw out the liquor that was in his truck when he brought his son to live with us.
Then I just found out today that he was still married. Separated for 3 years but, still married. Now Grandma has to have her sign off to have him cremated and transferred to Wisconsin. They are giving Grandma a hard time, too. Isn't it bad enough that she is going through this, why must some people be like this.
So the observation goes back to the golden rule. Treat others as you'd want to be treated. There's no sense living to make others miserable. We teach our kids the golden rule. Why is it so difficult for adults to follow. Future generations would be so much better off if they had more positive role models to look up to.
I have to stop now, or I will go on a tirad about teenagers and the lack of respect/other issues.

No comments: