Thursday, April 2, 2009

So....

It's a week til my birthday. Normally, I am leaving hints and planning a gathering but instead, I'd really like to just sleep the day away. Sweep it under the rug and hope that it goes away. Hope that everything just goes away. The last month has just been a mess. Wondering who you can trust, who will turn on you next, fighting to stay calm amidst a sea of maddening comments. Thinking you know people and then having them stab you in the back. Why can't people remember the Golden Rule? At what age do you suddenly forget to treat others the way you want to be treated? Is this really how you would want to be treated? But then, here's the thing. You can't predict who will say something completely insensitive. So, what do you do? I have no answers. I like to think this whole situation has helped me voice my thoughts more quickly. Instead of letting it fester. But, I can't protect my mom and sister from everyone. I won't be able to protect Alex for much longer. What do you do? I hate that we have been put in this position! I hate that I have spent half of the last month crying and the other half angry. I hate it!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jen! It sounds like a mess of trouble. I'll be praying for your strength, and your mom and sister's, too. Keep your chin up! Love,
Erica