Thursday, April 23, 2009

Florida Update!!!

My mom is now officially going with us to Florida!!! HOORAY!!!!

It took quite a while to convince her and make the appropriate arrangements for Aubrey but, it will be so worth it. With everything going on with my Dad, she really needs the break and time for herself. So, her airline ticket is purchased and she has been added to our Disney hotel/ticket/dining package. I am still working on dining reservations. When I called to modify last Saturday, it was discovered that the first reservation I made at Chef Mickey's wasn't valid and we didn't really have a table. I'm glad we found out in advance. Now I have been calling daily to see if there are any cancellations without much success. Grrrr. We do however, have reservations at Akershus in the Norway Pavilion in Epcot. It's a character dining meal which usually has Princess Jasmine. Although it will be my luck that she won't be there that day. So, I haven't told Alex anything about this restaurant. I don't need a disappointed 8 year old. I am also working on our shirts for Disney and Epcot. Bob willing went to Michael's on Sunday to pick out shirt colors. Alex picked a dark lime for Disney (it will go well with Tinkerbell) and white for Epcot. I was planning to tie-dye them for Epcot but, now I'm not sure. I tie-dyed one shirt Monday night, leaving a round circle white for a transfer. It turned out cute but a tad to busy for my liking so back to the drawing board. Fortunately, the Disney message board I read has some very creative people who make all kinds of designs for shirts, luggage tags, Epcot pass ports, money envelopes, and on and on and on. They are so amazing. I will have to take pictures of my luggage tags, Alex's passport and our shirts when they are done. :)

I still have to post Easter pictures. Not sure when that will get done though. So, stay tuned......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo-Hooo! Sounds like lots of fun and lots of planning on your part. When do you leave?! Do you have room in your suitcases for the 7 of us?! (Just kidding, of course!) Enjoy!!!

Bob, Jen and Alex said...

Of course we have room for you and the fam. :)