Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Grizzly's review

As one knows, the former Grizzly's is near and dear to my heart. My friends and I spent many hours and way too much money there. So, it should come as no surprise that the new "Grizzly's Wood Fire Steaks and Grill" would not meet my expectations. Much of the food was the same. And that's a good thing. Seasoned sour cream, Grizzly's skins, the teas. All there and all good. Steak, Cheese, Mush still there and still pictured in the menu with the good hoagie. But still served on the Chibata bun and they don't serve sour dough bread to substitute. So, not good. The cheese fries lacked cheese. Umm hello! And, Bobber was only given 5 fries. The addition of cheese curds were very good.
But, the best part of Grizzly's always was the atmosphere. It's not there. While they have brought over the bear butts, the big wooden bear and many of the signs we liked, (including the polar bear pictures) I don't see how they will be able to provide a comparible atmosphere. I'm willing to give it another try but I don't need to run over there anytime soon.

No comments: