Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Beware - Rant ahead!!!!

So, today I ran home for lunch. First, I found my Tastefully Simple was already there from the party on Saturday. That's what I call speedy service!! But, that's where the fun ends. Upon getting the mail, I notice a letter from a lady who lives a block down from me, closer to the airport. Afraid that it was a letter similar to one the neighbor lady received about her grass, I opened it right away. Fortunately, it wasn't one of those letters. Unfortunately, it was a solicitation for a donation. I believe for the cancer society. Now, before I begin my rant of the day, please note, it is not because of where the donation is to. My issue is, I have never met this person. I have no idea who Mary is. I don't wander that way when I'm walking. Alex has never gone trick-or-treating there or sold GS cookies. And, as most of you know, I have no problem donating to or buying fund-raising items for my friends, family or co-workers. I usually enjoy it. But, how did this person get my name and address? Again, I DON'T KNOW THIS PERSON!!!!! I don't even mind if our neighbors right next to us, send me literature.
But in this world where everyone - YMCA, school, preschools, daycares, Boy scouts, Girl Scouts, politicians, misc solicitors - are looking for donations or fund raisers, why bother someone you don't know?!?!
UGH!! Ok, I'm done now. And, off to go look at the fund raiser we got from the school last night. LOL

No comments: