Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Oh Dear!!!!

Alex started her level 3 swim class last night. And, she jumped off the diving board without help on her second attempt. She's doing so well with swimming. I'm so proud of her.
So, now the reason for the post.
As I was going to show Alex ways to keep her hair out of her face while swimming, I noticed her hair was cut. When I asked about it, she said "It's always been like that, Momma." Now, I, like my fellow mothers know every hair on our kids bodies. So, I said "No, it wasn't!" She had decided to give herself bangs because she wants to look like everyone else. We had a long talk about God made us individuals and we will never look like "everyone" else and that's part of what makes us special. Anyway, while I don't have a picture yet, it's quite the site. Her hair is always parted on the side so, her "bangs" go from the part to the right side (when looking at her). It's angled with the shortest hair by the part. Lovely! Fortunately, her hair grows super fast and we should have it corrected before school starts. My crazy girl! She definately does what she wants when she wants to!!!

No comments: