Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Living Displays are not for me!!

Last night, I was using Bob's computer downstairs when I thought I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. But, I was tired and surely must have been seeing things. Oh do I wish I was wrong. Upon second glance, I saw a huge BAT circling the rec room (lovingly called our sports room). I instantly screamed and then screamed again to call Bob who was upstairs. Unfortunatly, Alex was in the shower and the sound of water in the pipes made him think the sound was coming from outside. I was now watching the cats awaiting their turns at attempting to save me while I dialed my phone to call Bob for help. So lucky I had my phone as I don't know what I would have done. To get upstairs, I would have had to walk through the Bat's play land. And while Sprout has caught a bat before, this one was very healthy (as Bob said) and was flying too high for her. The whole time Bob was trying to collect the bat...... EEW EEW EEW Sorry, flashbacks!...... I was intermittently screaming and shuttering as it would fly by the door of the room I was in. Finally, Bobber caught the bat and all was safe. It took me quite awhile to unclench my hands from the chair. And, I only did to text Amy of my latest scare. Our conversation became living displays that even Martha Stewart wouldn't want a part of. Even if glitter was involved. Icky, Icky, Icky!!!
No more BATS for me, please!!!

No comments: