Friday, July 31, 2009

Family Reunion 2009

The family reunion was again in Gleason, WI this year. This is the third year at this location and I still miss Irma. But, I guess if the family's there, it's still a blast. In previous years, 200 or more family members were in attendance. This year's attendance numbers were 139. Each year, everyone brings a dish to pass and donations for the raffle. We purchase tickets for the raffle and hope you don't get your own donation. Mom did this year. :) Money from the raffle goes to purchase meats for the next year and any items like plates, silverwear and napkins.

My cousin Johnny and his girlfriend, Jenn made the trip from Maryland for the reunion. They were so much fun to hang out with during the past week. I'm sad they had to leave. I hear they are hoping to move to Wisconsin in the next 2 to 3 years. Jenn will have to start a sweater/sweatshirt collection for when she moves here. Throughout the last week we had pizza and watched poker on Monday, Tuesday they went to MOA with Sam, had a Mexican feast on Wednesday where Johnny, Martin and Bob tested the new hot sauce and depleted Mom's milk supply. Thursday, they headed back to Joppa. It was a fun week.

Speaking of Martin, he is Sam's new boy. He seems very nice and didn't mind 4 of us, Johnny, Jenn, Bob and myself "interrogating" him about his future goals and my sister. He was a good sport and told Sam later, he thought we were easier on him than he expected. Note to self for future reference. LOL

The tent set-up crew consisted of Grandma Servi, Keah, Jenn and Johnny. My mom was the foreman reading the instructions.
Madeline driving the horses. You will note my daughter is the one waving to me. How could you ever miss her.

Our camping area. The reunion was at a lions club park. 20-25 campers or tents lined the perimeter.

Jed Norman Forster

Arrionna KayeLee Forster

Grandma Servi, aka Grandma Slurpee, aka GMA2

Jenn and Johnny. We differentiate our names with 1 n versus 2 n's. Very easy when writing, not so much when just speaking. Sam and I also kept catching ourselves saying Jenny and John. And, we all know how I feel about the -ny word. lol

Jenn and Sam. They really need to work on their weird faces.

Keah and me. She looks more and more like Bevy everyday. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of Bevy. Bad niece, Bad!

Madeline Katherine Gray
Believe it or not, she is a big stinker just like her father. She tried to take me down in the field. It would have worked too had I not been concerned with tearing a tendon in my knee. The rest of the night if I smarted off to her, the response was "you wanna go out to the field?" Just like her father!!

Madeline and Bobber

Alex and Aubrey
Sunday morning, it was Alex's job to keep tabs on Aubrey. Alex decided quickly she didn't need a brother or sister anymore. LOL But, aren't they cute?!?! They picked flowers and pet the dogs at a neighboring tent.

Miss Alex

Joey Gray
I feel bad that I don't know his middle name. I'll have to ask Bevy.

The Tent removal service. The actual instructions read to take down the tent reverse the previous instructions. Wow.

1 comment:

Sammer said...

martin just won't know what to expect next time mwahahahaha love yas <3