Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Blah Day

It's grey outside and cold inside. With only one week until the first full day of school, I am trying to figure out what we can still accomplish this weekend. Fortunately, it's a long weekend. I'm crabby with work and don't want to be there today. But, I am looking forward to canning with Jan this weekend. I think that could be a good show. On our next episode of "Canning with Jan" we'll show you how to can peaches and salsa. Mmmmm. Although, Peach salsa does not sound appealing.
Ok, back on topic. I keep wanting to go to the MN fair, but don't really want to drive or spend the money. And, there's really nothing going on here this weekend. I suppose I could work on stuff of the thrift sale but, that's not exciting either. Although, the thought of a cleaned out garage is. Friday is always cleaning and laundry night. It's becoming a personal challenge to see how much I can accomplish before going to bed. Usually, I get all 6 loads of laundry done and at least the kitchen and livingroom, plus we grocery shop most Fridays when Bob is working. This weekend might be a tad different as I will be making Salsa Friday night. Saturdays I fold clothes and run all of our errands before putting the car away for the rest of the weekend. I love my lazy Sundays. And, I can't wait for the regular season of football to start. Go Colts! My favorite Sundays include watching football and working on my scrapbook. Alex usually does a craft or works on her own scrapbook. Soon we will start on our Christmas gifts and cards. That should be fun, too.
Ok, I'm a little less crabby with work now. Thinking about crafts and scrapbooks has help tremendously. I just don't know what I'll do with a full extra day this weekend. Oh, well. I'm sure I'll come up with something. Oh, wait!!! I don't work Tuesday either!!!!! Alex has back to school orientation on Tuesday so, I will be off all day. Yippee!!

No comments: